Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tuesday Talkback - Retitle Classic Films in the style of the Black List

The Black List has become known for outrageous titles along the lines of F**kbuddies, and I Want to F*** Your Sister. Often, the brash titles like those can help the film stick in the mind of a reader or a development executive, even if that catchy title is going to be homogenized by the time the film sees release. Case in point, F**kbuddies was retitled something so bland that I had to look it up to remember it was released as No Strings Attached.

So as a fun exercise, why not retitle classic films in the crass style of The Black List? See if you can recognize these classics and no-so-classics.

I Will Become My Mother Even if it Kills You
Escape of the Face and Liver-Eater
My Mom Has the Hots for Me
I Want to F*** My Daughter's Classmate
Eddie Murphy and Four of his Favorite Co-Stars
Naked Kate Winslet Comes Before Sinking Seamen are Swallowed Up
Dead People Have Issues Too
Everyone in LA is Racist
Fat Guy Fall Down (Kevin James attached)

I had some for Rain Man and Forrest Gump that were SO wrong, but so Black List-y, but I imagine I'd have gotten some sternly written emails over them... and probably a call from my mother.

Let's see you guys get creative.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom has the Hots for me = Back to the Future

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Will Become My Mother Even if it Kills You - TERMS OF ENDEARMENT
    Escape of the Face and Liver-Eater - SILENCE OF THE LAMBS
    My Mom Has the Hots for Me - ?
    I Want to F*** My Daughter's Classmate - AMERICAN BEAUTY
    Eddie Murphy and Four of his Favorite Co-Stars - THE NUTTY PROFESSOR
    Naked Kate Winslet Comes Before Sinking Seamen are Swallowed Up - TITANIC
    Dead People Have Issues Too - THE SIXTH SENSE
    Everyone in LA is Racist - CRASH
    Fat Guy Fall Down (Kevin James attached)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The F***ing Florida Lawyer
    The Slut in the Elevator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any chance My Mom Has the Hots for Me is Back to the Future? Other than that, I'm going to agree with Teddy's guesses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, it's Back to the Future. And to think I was worried that one was too obvious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://www.deadline.com/2011/08/cbs-films-acquires-ensemble-comic-pitch-wedding-day/

    "My Son is the F'king anti-christ"?!

    That's "The Omen" via the black list...

    ReplyDelete