Monday, July 11, 2016

Help me get 50 reviews of MICHAEL F-ING BAY during this week-long sale!

Tomorrow is Prime Day at Amazon Prime, where there apparently will be sales galore. This feels like the perfect time for me to launch something I've been thinking about for a while: a price cut on my book, MICHAEL F-ING BAY: The Unheralded Genius in Michael Bay's Films. This week - from now to Friday, you can get the Kindle version book (regularly $4.99) for a mere $2.99!



But that's not all. I'm asking those of you who have purchased the book before for the kindness of a favor. I recently learned that when a book crosses the 50-review threshold, that's the point where Amazon starts promoting it more aggressively through its algorithm. Currently, I have 9 reviews, which never bothered me because I see a number of professionally released products that don't have all that much more. However, if increased visibility is at stake, I would be eternally grateful if those of you who have bought the book (And I know that number is a LOT more than 50) would take a moment and leave a brief review here.

But just as an incentive, I will give away a FREE Kindle copy of MICHAEL F-ING BAY to the first 10 people to email me at zuulthereader@gmail.com and promise to leave a review this week. I might not be at my computer to send out those copies immediately, but rest assure that all of you will have them by end of day. Please only request this if you can read and review the book by the end of the week.

Amazon has a policy regarding these sorts of reviews, which I will reproduce as follows:

Paid Reviews – We do not permit reviews or votes on the helpfulness of reviews that are posted in exchange for compensation of any kind, including payment (whether in the form of money or gift certificates), bonus content, entry to a contest or sweepstakes, discounts on future purchases, extra product, or other gifts.

The sole exception to this rule is when a free or discounted copy of a physical product is provided to a customer up front. In this case, if you offer a free or discounted product in exchange for a review, you must clearly state that you welcome both positive and negative feedback. If you receive a free or discounted product in exchange for your review, you must clearly and conspicuously disclose that fact.

So have at it, read the book and leave an honest review, stating you got it for free as part of a weeklong promotion. (And if all ten of these people manage to get their reviews posed without incident before the end of the week, I might give away another ten, but let's see if there are any glitches in posting these reviews.)

Amazon also has a policy of removing reviews written by people who know the author personally, so I can't just appeal to friends and family. I don't know HOW Amazon can determine that such a relationship exists, but they apparently can. Hopefully that doesn't extend to those of you who only "know me" via following my blog for these years.

So to sum up:  My book is discounted 40% this week, it'd really help me out if you left a review, and perhaps more giveaways to come.

If you want a taste of the book, read the chapters on TRANSFORMERS: AGE OF EXTINCTION and THE ROCK for free at their respective posts.

The original announcement of the book can be found here.
All related MICHAEL F-ING BAY posts can be found here.

Why not check out the appearances from my "media tour?"

My interview with Scott Myers on Go Into The Story:
Part 1 - Michael Bay's JUNO.
Part 2 - "Michael Bay is the Tyler Perry of China."

My interview with Amanda Pendolino.

My interview on the Broken Projector podcast:
You can find the episode embedded at Film School Rejects here.
Download the episode directly here.

My interview on the Draft Zero Podcast
Go to the episode's page here.
Download the episode in mp3 form here.


But what if you don't have a Kindle or a tablet with a Kindle app? Good news, you can still read MICHAEL F-ING BAY! Go here and download the Kindle reading app for your computer.

Here are the instructions for the Kindle for PC program.
Here's where you go for Kindle for Windows 8.
Here's the site for you Kindle for Mac people.

Link roundup:
Amazon Author Page here.
$2.99 Kindle version of the book here.
$10.99 Paperback edition here.



No comments:

Post a Comment